About this Hybrid Strain
Gelato is an indica-dominant hybrid cannabis strain that emits a scent reminiscent of its name being sweet and fruity with hints of lavender, berries, and citrus. Buds of Gelato are various shades of both light and dark greens, having very slight purple and blue hues with vivid burnt orange pistils.
THC levels of Gelato average at 20%. Consumers have reported its effects to cause an increase in both energy and focus as mood vastly improves and the stresses of the day melt away. Their bodies fully relaxed, allowing a sense of well-being to overtake them. This strain has also been claimed by reviewers to help provide a good night’s sleep once the high wears down. Users say adverse effects besides your typical cottonmouth and dry eyes are rare with Gelato, however, they note many strains can cause paranoia or anxiety when consuming above tolerance levels.
Gelato is a cross between Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint GSC, so it’s no wonder where it gets its delicious scent and taste from. A number of Gelato phenotypes have been grown over the years such as the ever-popular Gelato #33. Dominant terpenes found in this strain are Beta Myrcene, Beta Caryophyllene, and Alpha Pinene.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gelato
What strain is Gelato?
- The Gelato weed strain, which is sometimes referred to as the Gelati strain or Gelatti strain, is an indica-leaning hybrid that’s known to produce an appealing scent reminiscent of sweet berries, citrus and even lavender. According to its reviewers, it often has a relaxing effect and can help reduce stress.
What does Gelato mean?
- The Gelato strain gets its name from the sweet and delicious scent it produces as well as its colorful appearance as actual Gelato comes in many flavors and colors.
What does Gelato smell like?
- Like its name implies, Gelato smells of sweet berries, citrus, and even lavender.
What does Gelato taste like?
- Although less pronounced as its scent, Gelato weed tastes to many of a sweet dairy confection with citrus or berries accented by lavender.
What colors does Gelato have?
- There’s a variety of color in the Gelato strain – blues, purples, and of course green all intertwined with vivid burnt orange pistils. Some have called this strain Purple Gelato (in reference to the batches that have an increased surface area and purple tones) while others have nicknamed it the Mango Gelato strain (a reference to its terpene profile which may give it a more mango-like scent).
What effects does Gelato have?
- The Gelato marijuana strain is reputed to cause an increase in both energy and focus as a user’s mood may improve and stress melts away. The body may fully relax, allowing a sense of well-being to drift over all sensation, some have noted. Reviewers further explain that this strain has helped alleviate symptoms of depression, fatigue, and even insomnia because of a sleepiness that accompanied the high wearing down.
Where does Gelato come from?
- Gelato is a cross between Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint GSC, so it’s not surprising where it gets its delicious scent and taste from.
Is Gelato indica or sativa or a hybrid strain?
- Gelato weed is a hybrid strain